Tips Oklahoma Residents Can Use to Keep Their Homes Spider-Free
February 28, 2019
Dealing with pest spiders can be a little bit of a gamble. With the number of different kinds of spiders we have here in Oklahoma, which are known to invade homes, knowing which ones are dangerous and which ones are not can be a difficult task. Because of their potential danger, and the fact that spiders come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors, prevention has never been so important.
Why Black Widow, Brown Recluse and House Spiders Enter OK Homes
All spiders, whether venomous or not, invade homes for basically the same three reasons. To find food, to find water, and to find shelter. Both water and shelter can be easily found in most homes, seeing that most spiders only need a droplet of water to quench their thirst and any undisturbed location such as an attic, basement, or storage area will do for shelter. Keeping this in mind, the only attractant left is food, and this is the real key to why spiders invade homes. By nature, spiders are carnivorous creatures that feed primarily on insects and, sometimes, other spiders. It is these insects that draw spiders into our homes more than anything else. So, if your home has spiders, chances are other pests are lurking in your wall voids and living spaces as well.
Spider Prevention Tips
The good news is that the professionals here at Dandi Guaranty have your back. Consider the following tips if you are trying to create a spider-free environment.
- Keep your home’s exterior lights off as much as possible. These lights attract other insect invaders that spiders will follow inside.
- Check your home’s foundation for any gaps or cracks that spiders or other insects could be using to get inside. Seal these areas using high-quality caulk or sealant.
- As much as possible keep garages, basements, attics, and storage areas clean and clutter-free. Spiders love these areas because they are secluded, undisturbed, and the perfect places to find shelter.
- Inspect items before bringing them indoors. Commonly spiders will hide in boxes of decorations or inside other stored goods.
- Contact a pest professional and talk to them about pest control options.
Professional Pest Control With Dandi Guaranty
When dealing with the potentially dangerous spiders that have invaded your home, it is always better to contact a professional to handle the problem. Here at Dandi Guaranty, we have solutions for not just spiders, but for the pests that spiders are chasing. So if a pest-free home is what you are seeking, look no further. Give the professionals here at Dandi a call and find out what quality pest control looks like for you and your home.