How To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Tulsa, OK Home
June 17, 2021
The last thing you want on your hands inside your Tulsa, OK home is a cockroach invasion. Cockroaches aren't a direct threat to your safety, but they are dirty and do represent a danger to your health in the long run. In general, cockroaches boast a flattened oval-shaped body and six legs plus antennae on their head. However, the species to look out for most are:
- American Cockroaches: This species is a dark reddish-brown and grows to about three inches in length. Also, they possess wings and are capable of flight.
- German Cockroaches: Much smaller than the American version, this species only grows to about 5/8th an inch in length and is a light brown or tan color. Immature cockroaches have two dark parallel lines running from the back of their head to the wings.
- Oriental Cockroaches: The oriental cockroach grows to about an inch in length and has a smooth body with a greasy sheen. They also emit a musty odor and are black in color. This species is extremely fond of moisture.
No matter the species, cockroaches are extremely tough, which is what makes them so difficult for people to handle without professional assistance. Cockroaches can eat practically anything since they have specialized enzymes that allow them to digest things other pests wouldn't even touch, much less consume.
Making It Inside
In general, cockroaches get inside like other pests. They'll go through cracks, holes, and crevices as if it was a huge canyon. They will also get into boxes and other packages, which means some people bring them directly inside on their own.
In the case of Oriental cockroaches, they will come in through the sewer line or other similar openings. Since they reproduce quickly, having clutter around makes it possible for the invaders to multiple due to their love of hiding.
Don't Try DIY (Do It Yourself)
It's natural to want to tackle a cockroach problem as soon as you notice one in the house. However, DIY solutions just don't work to get you ahead of the problem with any degree of success. Some reasons not to DIY include:
- Resilience: Cockroaches can live for a week after losing their head and are resistant to extreme temperatures and drowning. They are built to survive.
- Small Size: The tiniest of openings are fair game for this pest. They will always find a place to hide, which means it's practically impossible to catch them all and remove them from the premises.
- Speed: Did you know cockroaches can move when they really want to? They can run at speeds of three miles per hour, which makes it difficult to actually catch them.
- Survival Experts: Cockroaches can live without food for a month at a time. Starving them will never work. However, they can live without water for a max of a week, which means water elimination is your best chance.
- Rapid Reproduction: We mentioned this briefly, but we're talking insanely quick reproduction. They produce as many as 48 eggs at a time, which hatch quickly and mature fast. With just a bit of time, cockroaches can overrun your home easily.
Eliminate The With Dandi Guaranty
Cockroaches aren't wanted and definitely don't belong in your Tulsa, OK home. Not only are they filthy, but also they cause health problems thanks to spreading more than 30 kinds of bacteria. That's why our team at Dandi Guaranty helps you meet the goal of eliminating every single cockroach that has invaded. With more than 60 years of experience, we know what it takes to have successful cockroach control. Call us today at Dandi Guaranty to get started!